Even though I am enjoying a sunny paradise also known as Jamaica, I know that people elsewhere are battling the cold and for that reason I decided to post a simple broth recipe to keep you all warm especially since we all know February is the worst of the winter months. Brodu, a Maltese broth, is extremely flavourful and incredibly simple to make. It is convenient because you can make a large batch and warm up quickly whenever you are hungry.
Live, Love, Eat!
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 L water
- 1 cup risoni (any small pasta)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1.7 lbs rump/topside lean chuck steak (with bone), chopped
- salt and pepper
- Bring beef bone in water to boil for about an hour before adding vegetables and beef then simmer for an hour.
- Add pasta and tomato paste and continue to simmer for another hour or until pasta and beef is cooked and veggies are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.