It’s the weekend! If you don’t have time to make your own breakfast during the week, hopefully you can find a few minutes for the most important meal of the day on the weekends. This breakfast of champions is hassle free. A childhood favourite of mine, something about having to go through a fun process of eating breakfast with your hands (instead of cutlery) made it fun. Also the surprise of not knowing whether once you crack the egg’s shell you would find a perfectly soft yolk created a delightful suspense.
In case you didn’t get a chance to see The Yummy Truth’s first video, now you have no excuse not to make breakfast for yourself, a loved one or even with your kids. I use this recipe often for breakfast in bed surprises because it is a quick and easy recipe ideal for any morning, even if you don’t have a special car egg cup.
Remember to take off the shell and remove the top of the egg so that your egg doesn’t continue cooking while you are plating your breakfast.
Remember to watch the short video for an easy reference.
Live, Love, Eat!
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- salt & pepper
- Fill a pan with water (enough to cover the eggs) and bring to boil.
- Add some salt to the water before gently placing eggs into the boiling water and allowing them to cook for exactly 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the slices of bread and spread lightly with butter.
- Cut the toast into long, thin pieces to make “soldiers” for dipping into the egg.
- Remove the eggs and peel the shell from the pointed tip of the egg and them take off the egg white so that the yolk is exposed. Do this before serving or else your egg will continue to cook making the egg yolk hard. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- If you don’t like soft boiled eggs, skip step four as people can spoon out the hard boiled egg and crush it on the whole slices of toast.
- Remember to watch the short video if you need more guidance.