I wasn’t well last week so I wanted to share with you a recipe that was very healthy. I was asking people what they think about when they think healthy food and many described salads that seemed almost painful to eat. Healthy eating should not mean sacrificing the pleasure we get from food, it is all about balancing our proteins, carbs and veggies. I believe we should be able to eat anything as long as we pay attention to portion size.
This recipe is no pain and all pleasure, especially because there is no need for guilt. Devouring the meaty seared tuna will leave you feeling ‘Happy & Healthy’. As always the presentation is a show stopper so you and yours can begin enjoying before you have even chewed a morsel.
Live, Love, Eat!
- 2 tuna steaks (sushi grade), 0.5 lbs each
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1/2 avocado pear, sliced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 handfuls peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Season tuna steaks with paprika, oil, salt before pressing each side in a layer of the crushed peppercorns.
- Trim the ends off your asparagus and boil a cup of water
- Add the butter to a sauté pan over medium heat and then add shallots and garlic for about a minute before adding asparagus.
- Put enough boiling water to cover asparagus in the pan and put a lid on for three minutes at which point a fork should be able to pierce asparagus.
- Strain asparagus and put 1/4 of the spears with some shallots and garlic in the blender to dress the plate, while putting the rest on an oven tray. Turn on your broiler so that you can put asparagus in the oven when the last side of the tuna is cooking.
- In a lightly greased pan cook tuna steaks for 2.5 minutes on each side for medium, or to desired doneness.