I have been a little out of it for the past couple weeks in order to make sure that Savour Jamaica Supper Club “Due South” was a success. Who told me that it was a good idea to do two dinners in two locations? I am not quite sure but it was a challenge that I am happy to say we overcame. TV chef Brad Turner taught me many things while he was here and one line that stuck was that his food will “slap a pause in you, it’s so good”. This recipe for Pan Fried Pork Chops with “Shut Yo Mouth” Sauce is just that. He made it on TVJ’s Smile Jamaica last week, which you can see here.
Many people called to request the recipe, so with Brad’s permission here it is!
Live, Love, Eat!
- 4 Copperwood Pork chops (Bone In)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup Appleton V/X Rum
- 9 oz Honey BBQ Sauce
- 5 oz Peach Preserves (half a jar)
- 5 cloves of garlic sliced
- 5 stalks scallion (green onion)
- 1/8 cup chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon Pure olive oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Season the Pork Chops with salt, black pepper, and Worcesteshire Sauce; and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes covered in the refrigerator.
- In a small pot, put BBQ Sauce and Peach perserves in the pot on a medium heat until blended.
- Add Garlic, Green onion, ginger and rum to the sauce and allow to simmer at least 5 minutes.
- Pan Fry the pork chops in olive oil (not extra virgin) until done about 4 minutes each side. Let the pork rest for a couple minutes before smothering in sauce.