My favourite way to prepare an egg is to fry it but I figured you were tired of seeing runny yolks from my Eggs Benedict post so I thought I’d give you a break. While in London two weeks ago I ate Eggs Royale, which is basically eggs benedict with salmon instead of Canadian bacon and topped with salmon roe. I loved how the saltiness of the salmon worked really well with the moist eggs. So I thought of sharing scrambled eggs and smoked salmon recipe on theyummytruth.com. It is a simple recipe, all about the timing and not overcooking your eggs.
I have woken up every morning this week (since Sunday) looking forward to eating perfectly cooked scrambled eggs. In a few minutes I have a deeply satisfying breakfast that puts me in the right mood to make things happen for the rest of the day. This breakfast recipe is perfect for families too because it is really quick and easy, so it will help you out in the morning rush or you can treat your special someone to breakfast when you whip this up during half time of Sunday morning football.
Live, Love, Eat!
- 2 English Muffins or 2 bagels or 4 slices of bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup single cream or full fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- chives or dill for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, once hot add .5 tbsp of butter, allowing it to melt not burn.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs with cream and a pinch of salt until the mixture is all the same colour.
- Toast your bread, or bagels, or English muffins in the toaster.
- Pour the eggs into the frying pan and let it sit until the eggs begin to coagulate, usually a bubble will appear to rise after about 45 seconds and this is the cue to being stirring with a wooden spoon until the eggs are almost cooked but still soft and wet looking. Remove from the heat and they will continue to cook.
- Butter your toast, muffins or bagels and then place scrambled eggs on top, a dash of black pepper before laying slices of salmon and sprinkling your herb of choice.